Safety protocols required for fans attending shows at both Comedy Works locations.
EFFECTIVE SEPTEMBER 30, 2021 and beyond
- All customers must have proof of Vaccination to enter.
- We will no longer be accepting negative test results as an alternative.*
- Masks are still required to enter and when not seated at your table.
- Photos or digital copies of vaccination cards are acceptable. Digital copies may be obtained at: Colorado Immunization Information System website or My Colorado website
- *Any patron needing an exemption due to a medical condition, disability or religious belief will need to Download Patron Vaccination Exemption Form and bring the signed complete form along with a proof of a negative COVID test taken no more than 72 hours prior to entry.
Our vaccination policy will be implemented as an open-ended one, with any changes or reversals informed by updates relating to infection rates, transmission data, variant developments, and local and federal regulations.
HERE’S WHAT OUR TEAM IS DOING:
- All staff members have been vaccinated and will be wearing masks for your safety and theirs.
- Employees are staying home if they feel ill or have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID.
- Employees are required to wash their hands for 30+ seconds upon arrival and multiple times throughout their shift.
- Our showrooms are being cleaned and disinfected before and after every performance. Additional cleaning of common areas will be ongoing BEFORE, DURING, & AFTER every show.
- Menus are available digitally on your device via QR code.
- We are following local, state, and national health guidelines.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I use a picture of my vaccine card?
- Yes, as long as we can match the name with valid ID.
Digital copies may be obtained at: Colorado Immunization Information System website or My Colorado website
- What if I only have one shot?
- Unless it is Johnson and Johnson, you must have both shots.
- I have tickets to a show that’s soon…What if I don’t get vaccinated in time?
- If you have purchased a ticket to an event that is occurring after September 30, 2021, you are required to provide proof of full vaccination.
- I am vaccinated do I still need to wear a mask?
- Yes, face masks are required upon entering & at ALL times when moving through the building.
- I still need to get my vaccine, where do I get it?
- To find a vaccination site near you, click here. We look forward to seeing you soon!
- Do you accept proof of having COVID / antibodies in lieu of being vaccinated?
- NO. Per the CDC's guidelines you should be vaccinated regardless of whether you already had COVID-19 because research has not yet shown how long you are protected from getting COVID-19 again after you recover from COVID-19. Vaccination helps protect you even if you’ve already had COVID-19. Read more on cdc.gov
- What if I have a medical condition or religious belief that exempts me from getting vaccinated?
- Any patron needing an exemption due to a medical condition, disability or religious belief will need to complete the attached form and bring the signed form along with a proof of a negative COVID test (molecular, PCR or antigen) that was administered by an official testing center to the event. Test must be taken no more than 72 hours prior to entry. Home testing kit results will not be accepted for entry.
Download Patron Vaccination Exemption Form
No, it has to be from a viable medical facility.
What kind of tests will be accepted?
A negative COVID-19 test result (molecular, PCR or antigen) that was administered by an official testing center. Test must be taken no more than 72 hours prior to entry. Home testing kit results will not be accepted for entry. Find a testing site near you, click here.