Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I purchase tickets?
- Buying online, through our secure ordering system, is the fastest way.
If you need help ordering, call us Downtown in Larimer Square at 303-595-3637 or South at The Landmark 720-274-6800.
You can also buy tickets by phone or in person. Our box offices open after 10 am Monday - Saturday, and after 5 pm on Sunday. Tickets may also be available the night of the show, but there are guarantees as many of our shows sell out in advance.
- Any parking suggestions?
- Downtown in Larimer Square: Writer Square Parking Garage is your best option. This secure, underground garage is just across the street from Comedy Works. To find, drive north on Lawrence. After crossing 15th Street, look for the well-marked entrance on the left hand side, under a green sign. Only $5 after 5pm with validation coupon. Ask for a validation coupon at the box office.
South at The Landmark: Plenty of street and underground garage parking is available at The Landmark. All street and underground parking is free in The Landmark.
- Why should I join your "Club?"
- Joining our Club is like being let in on a really big secret. Membership gives you the first shot at tickets before big names are announced to the general public. You will receive a weekly email with upcoming shows. If you provide your birthday, we will throw you a birthday party (every year) for you and up to 19 of your friends. Your admission will be free and your first drink will be on us!
Plus membership is FREE.
- Any rules I should know about before attending a show?
- NOTE: All shows are 21 and older, unless said otherwise. A valid ID is required to enter. There is a two item minimum (food or beverage) per person in the showroom.
DURING THE SHOW:
- Please DO NOT heckle or comment on jokes. Our shows DON’T need your help. Be courteous to those around you and the comics on stage!
- Obnoxious, Loud, Drunken and otherwise disruptive behavior WILL NOT be tolerated in the showroom. Participating in such activity will result in IMMEDIATE EJECTION without warning or refund.
- Laughter is NOT considered talking… we encourage you to LAUGH out loud! (Not talk out loud)
- Like any theater or live performance, we have cell phone restrictions. Please refer to our "Cell Phone Policy" in the last FAQ.
- Photography and recoding is NOT allowed in the showroom. Please take all you pictures before or after the show.
- How can I get on stage?
- We host New Talent Nights. These "welcome all" showcases are how every comedian gets their start. To secure time you cannot just show up. You MUST visit the New Talent Website to sign up and learn more. Have patience. We receive over 100 sign ups a week for approximately 15 slots. And for first-time comedians it generally takes 6 - 8 weeks of signing-up to before making the line-up.
- Where is Comedy Works South at the Landmark?
- Comedy Works South at The Landmark is located just off of I-25, between Belleview and Orchard, at 5345 Landmark Place in Greenwood Village. Parking is free. If you need directions click here or call us at 720-274-6800.
- Where is Comedy Works located downtown?
- Comedy Works Downtown in Larimer Square is located at 1226 15th Street, between Larimer and Lawrence, facing north. If you need directions click here or call us at 303-595-3637.
- Can someone under 21 attend a show?
- All shows are 21 and older, unless said otherwise. A valid ID is required to enter.
- How much do tickets cost?
- Our base ticket price is $14 for week nights (except New Talent Night is $12); Friday and Saturday's base ticket price is $22.
However, our prices vary from week to week and show to show, depending on the headliner. If you have further questions, call us Downtown in Larimer Square 303-595-3637 or South at The Landmark 720-274-6800 or click a face on our calendar to see that show's ticket price.
- What is your cell phone policy?
- Both Comedy Works clubs are cell-phone FREE venues and use Yondr to lock phones as you enter the showroom
To expedite the process we strongly advise you to leave your cell phone at home or in the car. Otherwise, you will be asked to lock up your phone using Yondr. Attendees maintain possession of their phones and are now free to enjoy the experience without distraction.
How it works:
1. Yondr Cases
As people enter the venue, their phones will be placed in Yondr cases and given back to the owner of the phone. WE DO NOT KEEP YOUR PHONE! It is locked in the Yondr case and on your person for the entire time.
Once they enter the phone-free zone, the cases will lock.
If at any point attendees need to use their phones, they simply step outside the phone-free zone to unlock the case.
if you are expecting a call or text from a sitter or the office, you simply turn your phone to vibrate before you bag it & if you need to use it for any reason you just step out of the dark showroom, into lobby where you can easily access your device.
- Do you do anything special for birthdays?
- We have special birthday offers for members of Comedy Works Birthday Club. You can join the birthday club by clicking JOIN in the header above or by filling out the forms on your table once in the showroom. Outside of the birthday club, we do not offer any specials.
- Is it safe to purchase tickets through Craigslist or another ticket broker?
- In a word, NO!
Comedy Works does not sell tickets through any website other than ComedyWorks.com. We can not validate tickets purchased from any unauthorized third-party vendor as they may be lost, stolen, counterfeit, or voided transactions by the original purchaser.
We only recommend purchasing tickets from ComedyWorks.com, in person at one of our venue box offices, or by calling one of our locations directly.
Comedy Works Downtown in Larimer Square 303-595-3637
Comedy Works South at the Landmark 720-274-6800
- A Message to our Valued Guests
- With the ongoing concerns regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we want you to know that Comedy Works' highest priority is the health and well-being of all our patrons, performers and staff. We have taken extra steps to keep you safe and confident in Comedy Works’ family of businesses.
Comedy Works has intensified its cleaning practices in all spaces including performance venues and dining areas. Precautionary measures include, but are not limited to:
- Defined procedures for frequent cleaning and disinfection of targeted areas
- Frequent cleaning and monitoring of all high-touch areas before, during, and after events
- Easy access to hand washing facilities and hand sanitizers for guests and employees
- End of event sanitation procedures for the entire venue
- Enforcing employees to stay home if they are feeling ill
- Yondr bags for phones have been temporarily suspended until further notice
- We are discontinuing the use of straws
Currently, all Comedy Works produced and presented performances will continue as scheduled. We encourage all patrons to remain vigilant and follow hygiene practices as published by the CDC:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a fixed elbow or tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Wash your hands frequently with water and soap for 20 seconds
If you feel ill or experience flu-like symptoms, we urge you to stay home and seek medical care.
We recommend everyone stay informed on COVID-19. Resources include:
- Centers for Disease Control: cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index
- World Health Organization: who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
- Public Health: denvergov.org/content/denvergov/en/environmental-health
- COVID Safety Protocol
Safety protocols required for fans attending shows at both Comedy Works locations.
EFFECTIVE SEPTEMBER 30, 2021
- All customers must have proof of Vaccination to enter.
- We will no longer be accepting negative test results as an alternative.*
- Masks are still required to enter and when not seated at your table.
- *Any patron needing an exemption due to a medical condition, disability or religious belief will need to Download Patron Vaccination Exemption Form and bring the signed complete form along with a proof of a negative COVID test taken no more than 72 hours prior to entry.
Our vaccination policy will be implemented as an open-ended one, with any changes or reversals informed by updates relating to infection rates, transmission data, variant developments, and local and federal regulations.
Frequently Asked QuestionsCan I use a picture of my vaccine card?
Yes, as long as we can match the name with valid ID. Digital copies may be obtained at: Colorado Immunization Information System website or My Colorado website
What if I only have one shot? Unless it is Johnson and Johnson, you must have both shots.
I have tickets to a show that’s soon…What if I don’t get vaccinated in time?
If you have purchased a ticket to an event that is occurring after September 30, 2021, you are required to provide proof of full vaccination.
I am vaccinated do I still need to wear a mask?
Yes, face masks are required upon entering & at ALL times when moving through the building.
I still need to get my vaccine, where do I get it?
To find a vaccination site near you, click here. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Do you accept proof of having COVID / antibodies in lieu of being vaccinated?
NO. Per the CDC's guidelines you should be vaccinated regardless of whether you already had COVID-19 because research has not yet shown how long you are protected from getting COVID-19 again after you recover from COVID-19. Vaccination helps protect you even if you’ve already had COVID-19. Read more on cdc.gov
What if I have a medical condition or religious belief that exempts me from getting vaccinated?
Any patron needing an exemption due to a medical condition, disability or religious belief will need to complete the attached form and bring the signed form along with a proof of a negative COVID test (molecular, PCR or antigen) that was administered by an official testing center to the event. Test must be taken no more than 72 hours prior to entry. Home testing kit results will not be accepted for entry.
Download Patron Vaccination Exemption Form
Do you take home tests for the negative result?
No, it has to be from a viable medical facility.
What kind of tests will be accepted?
A negative COVID-19 test result (molecular, PCR or antigen) that was administered by an official testing center. Test must be taken no more than 72 hours prior to entry. Home testing kit results will not be accepted for entry. Find a testing site near you, click here.